Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Robin Sketch - Ink and Watercolor

Again it's been awhile since I've done anything artsy.  This has been one of those years where I've experienced quite a prolonged slump.  With several things going on within the family, multiple trips, and Art Forum being slow, the motivation or time just hasn't been there for me. Tomorrow's another day, right?

What inspired me tonight was going through photos trying to select the best of family photos for printing.  As I was going through my digital photos, I came across several taken for drawing and painting ideas.  So, here after midnight, I actually get the itch to do something. 

This is from a photo taken earlier in the year when I noticed the Robins coming out and about in Spring.  The weather was still a bit unpredictable and this little fellow was a bit fluffed probably from the chill in the air.  Not sure I depicted that in my sketch nor did I give much attention to the tree stump with more shading for depth.  The important thing...........I did something!  FINALLY

Combination of Tombow Black Marker and Watercolors - Cad Red Light, Cad Yellow, Burnt Sienna, and Burnt Umber.  Sketch is using a #12 Mini Round which is approximately the size of a #5 Standard Round brush.

No comments: