Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Attempt at Horse - Special for Sandy

This is for Sandy at  http://www.sketchingeveryday.com/

My first ever attempt at sketching a horse.  This is following Sandy's first sketching exercise for 2011.  Those folks who might be following this blog, please check out her website at the link above.  She has a wonderful tutorial sharing her sketching method.  I am sure she would love to hear from you and see examples where others are following along with her exercises.

On a personal note...............something I've struggled with through the years is the use of shapes in forming my subjects.  Sandy's first exercise for 2011 is just that..........using simple shapes (triangle, circle, and square) to create this horse's head.  Although there's room for improvement with my results, I found her exercise easy and definitely fun to follow along.




Thanks, Sandy!  Great to see you back!! 



1 comment:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Oh Susan! I am sooo impressed! You did a wonderful job. Thanks so much for trying the exercise and posting your results! Many Thanks for passing along my info. and for your greatly appreciated commentary!
Now I need to look at your larger image so I can read your notes! :-D