Saturday, June 18, 2011

Landscape in Gouache

Today has been quite a relaxing day to where I could do whatever I wanted without feeling I had to be somewhere or work on chores.

I'm part of a small group and each month we set up challenges to try and encourage one another to sketch and paint.  There are actually several challenges each month to include a monthly photo, sky photos (day and evening examples), cameo challenge (doodles or illustrations), and a graphite sketch challenge.  It's been awhile since I've felt up to participating and especially painting.

This is from the June's photo challenge and as you can see the notes, I decided to first do this using gouache since I'm playing with the pigments right now becoming familiar with how they behave (at least in my journal book).




No comments: