Saturday, September 29, 2012

Building for Sale, Rockport TX

Not sure why but this particular building caught my eye every time we passed by it. 

The building sits empty along the main road taking you from Rockport to Aransas Pass.  I believe it's 35 South but not exactly sure if that's correct.

It's just a plain gray building but it intrigued me enough to finally stop and take several photos of it. 

Here is pen/ink sketch I may take watercolor to but haven't yet decided if I want to work this further in color.  I used the Pilot Prera with its original ink cartridge.  Then I took a damp angular flat and pulled some of the ink for shading, darkening, and softening some areas.

The darkened windows is the only area I've already taken some watercolor to using Fr Ultra and Neutral Tint.

Sketched in the Stillman & Birn Alpha journal book (8 1/2 x 11")


No comments: