Monday, September 17, 2012

Glads from my Sister

Well, we are back from holiday and have a few sketches to share that I did while gone.

These were done in my new Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook received the day before we left. It's proving to be yet another beautiful paper surface for graphite, pen/ink, and light watercolor washes.  I haven't tried using the back of the pages to see how well the pages scan without ghost images from back(front) side of page.  The paper in this Alpha series is a little thinner than the paper in the watercolor journal books from S&B.  Will have to experiment but so far I've only worked the front pages.

The glads were a welcoming gift from my sister.  She had them set up in the corner of the cabin that you couldn't help notice as soon as you walked in through the door.  The vase had white glads as well as these yellow with the splash of orange which really caught my eye.





2 comments:

Vicky L. Williamson said...

The petals' coloring is exquisite -- Welcome home, Susan!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you and thank you, Vicky :-)