Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Playing with Dolls

Tonight I was in the mood for some graphite sketching and decided to play with a doll :-))

Taking this plant poke doll made out of miniature pots, I worked these rough sketches using a Derwent 4B water soluble pencil (dry) in my Stillman and Birn Alpha sketchbook.

Using a bit of artistic license I decided to try a few different things like the doll on the left (as you view it) where I replaced the mini pot legs with one larger pot to look like a long dress.

At first I used a stump to smudge the shading/shadows but wasn't real happy with how it looked ......so I went back over using the side of my pencil lead. Here is the final results.

I started at top right working to the left and then the bottom.  The top right is a bit rough as I worked my first one.  Then the other two I felt a little more at ease with results being a bit more refined.




No comments: