Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fuchsia Flowers - Pen and Ink

Pen and Ink using Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray ink

Stillman & Birn Alpha journal

First illustration is the initial sketch with pen and ink.  After sitting and looking at it a bit, I decided to go over the bottom left to emphasize that one large flower.  I'm kinda undecided which I prefer and I still haven't decided if I want to take color to it or to leave it as is.

Even though I'm still not quite "with it", I'm trying to at least do some simple sketching.  I might struggle but I always feel I've accomplished something positive when I work through times like this.






UPDATE:  After a good night's sleep, I opened my journal and decided to add a little color.  I didn't want to over-do it and here are the results.



No comments: