Monday, September 2, 2013

Chimney Pots from my UK Trip 2010

Trying to determine what I wanted to sketch next, I went to my photo folder of our UK trip in 2010.  Of course..what grabs my attention over everything else???  Chimney Pots.  There's just something about chimney pots that I really like. 

I am finding one sketch a day is just not enough right now.  My mind is in over-drive thinking what I want to do next.  I know I'll run out of gas at some point but for now cruising along :-))

As I continue with the pen and ink, I'm finding it a bit easier.  I still have so much more to learn with shading in ink using hatching and cross hatching; but, it IS getting a little easier.

Here's a page in the 9 x 12 Generic No Name sketchbook.  I love filling a page with several illustrations.

Pens used are noted on the page.




2 comments:

lee kline said...

I like the chimney pots! I have been looking around my area for a series to do,but so far, I am fresh out of ideas. We have some pretty crazy mailboxes, though.........

Susan Bronsak said...

Thanks Lee!! And mailboxes can be fun to sketch! Same with doors and windows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...