Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26th Sketch

Well......look at me........I'm actually posting the same day as my sketch for a change :-))

One last page of the little Red Rose Tea figurines for a while.  I have other figurines but I'm ready to move on to something different.

This page was first completed with using watercolor pencils dry.  It just didn't have the pizazz  I wanted so I decided to take a damp brush across some of the areas.  I also used some watercolor in other areas.

I wasn't real excited with these figurines at first because two were white and the other a bluish color that just didn't fit the piece so I decided to use some artistic license.  I decided to add color to the white figurines and change the color on the ship's wheel.

Changing the view by capturing looking down was a great exercise for me.  By the time I reached these last three, I was feeling a bit more comfortable and found a little easier to accomplish.




No comments: