Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Evening Journal Pages

These were done yesterday early evening and into the wee hours of the morning.

With the boys home, we've been sitting up late (well some of us) just enjoying what we enjoy doing and being with one another.

I tend to listen and sometimes watch TV while sketching and checking things out on the computer.  Terry watches his shows or plays video games.  The boys, when home, watch their favorite shows they can't see while on the road or play video games.  We take our breaks and merge together to sit and chat, joke around, etc. and then each return to their own little worlds until the next break.

This first sketch I worked earlier in the evening after dinner while listening to NCIS.  I've seen the episodes so many times I don't need to look to know what's going on.  Anyways........I grabbed this potted plant and decided to use the Konrad again to see how it continued to do after the burping problems I experienced.  Straight pen and ink (no pencil) and then added some color with QoR watercolors.

Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook..........


This next page I worked on through the wee hours of the morning.  Some of the time I worked on this Travis was sitting out with me just chatting.  Then he'd return to his game.

I took my time and chose to use my Lamy Safari pen with the EF nib and Lexington Grey ink.  I like how lightly I can put a line down which helps with any fear or intimidation I might feel jumping in with ink.  Between the nib size, the dryer feed of an EF nib, and the color ink, it looks almost like graphite.  I can define and shade much better slowly building up my tones either by more pressure on the pen and/or cross hatching.

This is one of three snowmen figurines I bought this winter that stands only 5 inches tall.

Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook.


No comments: