Sunday, July 12, 2015

Handling Stress and Art

I know I've mentioned several times about how art is therapeutic for me.  It helps me focus on something positive.......taking my mind off of things that would normally weigh on me horribly.

Many times the medium (and sometimes subject) I use will remind me when looking through my sketchbooks what mood or state of mind I was in at the time without me actually stating it on the page.  Not always but a good percentage of the time.

This sketch is pen and ink only (no preliminary pencil) I worked a couple nights ago.  I chose a very detailed subject to help force me to concentrate on other than what was on my mind at the time.  And using pen and ink only played a major part in deep concentration to get things right (or as close to it as possible).  Early evening (getting my nights and days all mixed up), I quickly brushed some color on it.

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Lovely sketch, Susan. Sorry about your mom. I know it's tough.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Sandy!!!! :-)