Saturday, November 5, 2016

Boats at Lake Sumter Landing

This was actually done a few days ago from photos I had taken last year when Terry and I went to Lake Sumter Landing.  There are various areas with boats out in the lake anchored in place just for viewing.  All the boats have female names like this.  Not sure if there's any significance to that or just for show.

I used two pens for this one.  Used the Platinum Carbon pen for the initial sketch, painted with watercolor, and then went back over using my Lamy Safari as the nib is a dryer feed which works better for me when going over watercolor.

The day I took the pictures, it was very cloudy and dismal looking.  I worked this as if a nice sunny day with the brighter colors and tones.

Hand sewn journal with Fabriano Artistico 140lb Cold Press watercolor paper.


No comments: