Friday, December 30, 2016

The Dreaded Dentist Visit

Over three years ago one of my back molars broke below the gum line.  Although it hurt for several days, the pain went away and I've gone all this time without any issues.........until last week.  After a week on antibiotics, this morning was the dreaded trip to have it dug out of my jaw.  That was NOT a pleasant experience and especially since they couldn't get me numb enough to make it tolerable.  Rather than being rescheduled to try again another day, I told them to do whatever and get the tooth out of my head.  The last thing I wanted was to put it off any longer.

While in the waiting room, I started the sketch of a girl sitting across the room with her parents and brother.  I was called back shortly after I started so didn't get very far.  Then while waiting for the first injection to start working.......then the second..........then the third..........I tried sketching the xray drape hanging on the wall.  I tried to sketch hoping it might help me relax a bit but I was shaky and struggled maintaining focus.  At least I did manage a little sketching.

Stillman & Birn Beta journal and Micron 01 pen.


4 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

what a great way to keep from thinking about what was going on!
Good girl.
I like the giant tooth. Ugh.
Hahaha...glad it all went okay if not fun at ALL!
I need to sketch today too...did some gelli plate (see blog).

lee kline said...

That x-ray drape looks like your evil tooth.

Susan Bronsak said...

Ginny.........thanks :-) And yeah when I first sketched that Xray Drape, I never took notice it was the shape of a tooth....lol. But it does look like one (at least the results do from my sketching it).

Susan Bronsak said...

Lee..........only this "evil blue tooth" in the sketch has a top to it. Mine didn't and what made it so bad to get out.

All better so far today :-D Now if I can just make it through the next few days and not end up with dry socket. I've experienced that before and trying to be super careful I not go through that again. I'm trying to be positive!!!