Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Two Old Hags Wine Shoppe

Christmas Day my husband and I decided to get out and drive around knowing the traffic would be light.  We chose to visit a few places for sketching ideas.

First we drove to Spanish Springs Square in The Villages, then to downtown Leesburg, and finally down to Mount Dora.

For me it was particularly important to check out Leesburg as our next sketch crawl is scheduled there for Jan 12th.  I wanted to get a "feel" of the area as we're not real familiar with it. Although we live in Leesburg, we are at the southern end closest to Tavares and tend to do our shopping south of us.

As it turns out, downtown Leesburg was not one of my favorite areas to spend much time at.  Maybe it reminds me too much of Fairmont, WV.  One thing for sure, it was mainly of shops with little extra to grab my attention.  I did find a few things I liked like statues outside the Library and a clock that stands in front of City Hall.  The most intriguing sight in particular that caught my attention was this sign that stands outside on the walkway advertising a wine shop called "Two Old Hags Wine Shoppe."

Worked in my hand sewn journal of Fabriano Artistico watercolor paper all in Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils.  Love this brand of watercolor pencils!!!


No comments: