Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Yesterday's Sketch Outing - Victoria's Antiques

Finally after missing three weeks going out sketching together due to the weather, our group had a beautiful outing yesterday..............downtown Leesburg.............Victoria's Antiques.

There were eight of us and we really had a great time!!  After two hours of sketching, we stopped and headed across the street to Blooms for lunch.

All worked in a landscape format Stillman & Birns, Beta journal (3.5 x 5.5")

I love having a small sketchbook with me at all times but I have to say that if I'm going to use this size, I really should consider less detail.  I about go blind trying to capture so much detail in such a small space.............lol.

These first two I sketched on site in pencil first.  Finished off later with pen and color when I returned home.





These other two sketches are from photos I had taken using my cell phone:

I may just leave this one as a pencil sketch.............haven't decided yet and may return later to add ink and color.



This one I just wanted to add color to emphasize the main reason I took the picture.


No comments: