Saturday, March 24, 2018

Working with Shapes

Working with general shapes is not how I ever learned to draw.  Instead I've always just picked a spot and followed the overall shape of the subject.

Many times I struggle in seeing those individual shapes and it's probably just because I didn't learn that way.  Now and then I like to try working exercises like this.....hoping it might make things a bit easier or an alternative method in seeing.

With this exercise, my main model is the bottom left bird on this sheet.  Following the same method I normally follow (working from a starting point and following overall shape of the bird, I repeated (bottom right).  Then I worked the exercise breaking down with general shapes to see how it would turn out compared to the model.   All three look slightly different from one another.


No comments: