Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Go To Travel Palette

I have several different travel kits set up so far to grab and go but finding this one to be my first to grab (even while sitting at home).  Part of the reason is the fact it's so light and thin.  It has my favorite pigments of the three brands I use most often....Daniel Smith, W&N, and QoR artist watercolors.

This was set up before I left for WV to finish our move.  I forgot to write down what was what so I'm not exactly sure which pigment is what brand but I have a fairly good idea (if I can rely on my memory...ha..ha).  Most are W&N due to the transparency.  The orange, sap green, and purple are definitely QoR  I prefer QoR Sap Green because it appears to be closest to a natural green compared to other brands.

Cerulean Blue, Shadow, and Moonglow are definitely Daniel Smith.

Only a couple I'm not really sure (like the yellows) as I like yellows of all the brands I have.  If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say W&N but possibly Daniel Smith.....lol.  Oh well.......this teaches me to not forget to write it down at the time I fill the pans!  In any event, I like the choices I made and I guess that's what is most important.


1 comment:

Sparklyjools said...

I do love seeing travel palettes!