Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Eastern Lubber Grasshopper - Ink and Brush Pens

Earlier in the year I purchased a few pens and brush markers intending to do some play and practice.  Only I've gone all these months not really thinking about them.

Tonight I decided to play using materials I hadn't used...........Pentel Art Pocket Brush pen and Zig (Kuretake) Clean Color Marker brush pens.

Using the Strathmore Visual Watercolor Journal, I first sketched using the Pilot Falcon fountain pen.  Then after the ink was dry, I went over some areas with the Pocket Brush pen.  Then I grabbed the brush marker pen colors I wanted or needed and laid down color.  Immediately after adding the color, I would take a waterbrush and blend the color on paper.

I had a lot of fun with these pens.  The colors were vibrant even after drying.  They blended beautifully together and using the waterbrush pushing or pulling color from the initial color stroke made.

After playing with these and seeing how nice they are to work with, I might just have to purchase additional colors to add to the 12 purchased months ago to try out.