Saturday, March 5, 2011

75 Day Sketch Challenge - Day 29

This was yesterday's challenge achievement. 

I'm struggling a bit keeping up on a daily basis with the pen and ink sketching.  Some days one just runs out of time or maybe doesn't feel up to being artsy....or the combination of both. 

Also, I am finding myself missing the color from painting or the fun with pushing ink around with water and brush playing with the Tombow markers.  Some days just not enough time to do it all so I try to at least do the pen and ink challenge.  I still have a ways to go to complete this challenge.

Where do I find myself right now at Day 29 with regards to feeling confident or more willing to put pen to paper?  Still hesitant to be quite honest.  There's still that desire to use a pencil first to make sure I get things right before committing to a more permanent medium like ink.   My confidence level might be a hair better but not much more than that at this point.  I do ask myself if that will really change even after 75 days.  Are my drawing skills improving?  Maybe but then it's hard for me to really tell because I'm so critical of my own work anyways.  Probably the best judge of this would be from other viewers.

No comments: