Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Bear Sketch - Graphite

After sketching the little black bear, I wanted to do another of one of my favorites............the Panda.

This is in my mini Handbook using a 9B Derwent Graphic pencil that a friend in the UK sent me.  I love how easy it is to go dark!  This is my first time using it.  Almost forgot I had these.



Added since panda sketch........................

Thought I would add a little value scale seeing just how dark I could go with the 9B pencil.  With the sketch above I could have actually gone a little darker as you can see by this scale.


2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Very cute! And I love how black it is! What else do you have that you forgot you had? Lots of art supplies, I bet! ;-D

Susan Bronsak said...

I laughed at your question about what else I forgot I had. My art supplies have been split between two places. When we moved I was able to get everything together. I have enough to last two life-times....ROFL....plus supplies I may never really use (pastels, etc.)

Thank you for your comment, Sandy :-)