Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gifts of the Past

Our power went out last night and my backup power unit my computer is plugged into doesn't play nicely when our generator is running.  I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs wondering what I'm going to do at 9:30 on a Saturday night.  That's when this one item caught my eye and I decided to do some painting in my journal.

This is a reminder of years ago when I was into anything crafty from wood cutting to crocheting and many of my gifts at Christmas to family were things I made by hand.

This particular item is a bar soap holder.  The angel I handcrafted for various usages like tree ornaments, magnets, jewelry, etc.

Most of the soap holders I made had flowers glued to the center front.  With my own, I decided to use one of my angels.

What's not included here are these stems of beads tucked in amongst the flowers.......most of which I've lost during several moves throughout the years.  I still have the original bar of soap (wrapped in a baggie) cradled inside.

No comments: