Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stillman & Birn Beta Journal New Pages

So far I've kept this new journal dedicated to supplies and charts.  I've yet to do that with all the journals I've worked in.  We'll see if I can actually do one that is subject oriented rather than a mix of mediums and subjects.  :-)

First I worked the pages showing my pens and various pencils I use (found in an earlier post).  This next page in my journal shows one of my smaller palettes that is dedicated to greens plus Lunar Pigments from Daniel Smith.


I tend to stick with tube greens altering with yellows or blues due to simplicity sake but I would like to get back to mixing my own greens.  It's been awhile and had forgotten the variations I could achieve by mixing my own. 

After watching Cathy's Johnson video on Mixing Greens, she made it look so much fun that I worked these next three pages of greens. 

Next I'll probably work my Violets and Oranges for reference.  This is where having a dedicated journal will be nice...........I can easily locate these charts if I keep them all in one place.




4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

These are great sketches as well as tutorials. I always find greens difficult. Yours look lovely. Have a super day.

wangzhiqiang said...

祝你有美好的一天。

Terri Edwards said...

Lovely idea, layout and demonstration paintings. Thanks for showing this.

Sandra said...

Hoy estuve mezclando y logré varios colores verdes, muy entretenido!!