Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surprise Gift for Boss and his Wife

I don't have a lot of experience with drawing and painting people.  Thought I would try my hand on capturing my boss and his two little twin daughters from a photo hanging in the office.  Out of all the photos I had to choose from, I went with this one so I didn't have to worry about facial features.

Although room for improvement....especially with my tonal values, I don't think I did too badly.  The setting was a bit busier with surrounding elements in the photo but I chose to keep it simple with just some light and dark shading.

Going to surprise the boss and wife with it matted - ready to be framed. 

Was done on copier paper using a mechanical 0.9 pencil, #2B and #6B pencil and paper stump for a little blending/shading.  Printed off on textured paper.






1 comment:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

NIce . . . I guess he won't mind you sketching on his time now! ;-D