Saturday, September 22, 2012

Colors of Coastal Living

One of the views I love to see are all the colorful houses along the coast.  This is from a photo taken at Port Aransas, TX.

I'm really liking this Pilot Prera pen.  I was taken by surprise when I laid the watercolor wash over the ink lines.  I learned the ink that came with the pen is water soluble.  What is nice about this particular ink is the fact it still behaves even though it bleeds a bit when the brush hits it.  The ink didn't contaminate the wash like other water soluble inks might (like Rotring or Tombow). 

The sketch was done in the Stillman & Birn's Alpha series journal book.

Holbein paints - Cer Bl, Rose Violet (Quin Magenta), Ultramarine Lt, Leaf Green, Sap Green, Raw Sienna and Bt Sienna.

1" Flat


2 comments:

larry said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new pens. I've never used the inks that come with these pens but different inks have different levels of 'waterproofness' and I've found that some are 'just right' for washing in a little shading while others feather the lines badly when you try to drag shading from them.

Susan Bronsak said...

And thanks to you for suggesting them too!!!!