Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fabric Doll in Watercolor - Stillman & Birn Epsilon

While watching (actually listening) to TV tonight, I did this pen and ink with watercolor of a fabric broom doll I made years ago.  Done in the Stillman & Birn Epsilon sketchbook.

With this one I decided to push the limits on using watercolor.  Quite a pleasant surprise in how the paper handled my application of wet in wet.

Pilot Prera (F) with Lexington Gray ink

#8 Round

W&N pigments - Winsor Blue (R), Raw Sienna, Bt Sienna, Perm Aliz Crimson.

Green was mixed with WB(R) plus Bt Sienna

Looking at this on screen, if I were to do this again, I think I would incorporate some of the pink into the background to go with the dress.

Also, I would have liked for some pink bleed into the background along an edge or two of the dress but I didn't think of that at the time.  The background was put in well after the main subject was dry.  An after thought actually.

.

4 comments:

Stillman and Birn said...

Stunning!

Susan Bronsak said...

Truly appreciate your comments!!!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Susan, this is just wonderful! As is your blog!!

Susan Bronsak said...

Pam..........thank you!!!! You made my day! :-))