Monday, June 17, 2013

Steps to the Unknown

I started this the end of May with just pen and ink.  It's a location I pass about two miles from home.  It always grabs my attention leaving me to wonder what might have been there.  Was it a house too close to the road?  Did the home owner decide to rebuild back (to the left) for some reason?  Did the original place burn down or destroyed in some way?



Finally after all this time, I've filled in with color finishing the page emphasizing the steps at the top that go to "the unknown".



Epsilon journal

Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray ink

Daniel Smith:  Sap Green, Fr Ultramarine, Burnt Quin Orange, Raw and Bt Sienna, Cerulean Blue, and Paynes Gray

Used a synthetic brush this time - Silver Ultra Mini #14 which is about the size of a #6 in non-mini brushes.  Has a really nice sharp point.

1 comment:

larry said...

Yippee - Susan words and art. I've been thinking about you and wondering what happened to you.

Cheers --- Larry