Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Working Through Ellipses and Perspective

I worked this little sketch with the pill bottle and after done I knew something wasn't quite right.  For some reason I've had a really hard time with ellipses and perspective. 

Although I'm not one to take time with VP, lines, and boxes to figure out perspective, I decided maybe I should do so this time so I could understand things a bit better.  Here is an exercise I worked....


After working the exercise, I decided to print off a scan of my sketch above with the bear and using VP, Lines, and Boxes, I was able to determine the areas throwing things off.....starting with the placement of the bottle neck.   However, I was off in other areas too.  I may still be off a bit with the correction but it definitely looks better plus I have a better understanding than I did before.  This was an informative and fun exercise for myself :-)


No comments: