Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lake Griffin Kayaking/Fishing

Yesterday, for my birthday, Terry, Travis, and I went out early kayaking and fishing at Lake Griffin.  This is our second trip out to this particular spot with the first trip being very productive catching fish.  Yesterday the fish were breaking the surface but really not all that interested in what we threw out to try and catch them.  I did manage to catch two small bass and Travis caught three.  Poor Terry was skunked by us :-)

Even without the fish activity, I enjoyed being out on the water paddling around, taking pictures, and I even managed two quick pencil sketches.  Only problem with that was the fact I grabbed a less than desirable sketchbook that doesn't like watercolor added to the paper surface.  I did manage to work one page of the two with watercolor when I got home and then decided to create a journal page in a better sketchbook.

Moleskine Sketchbook:


Strathmore Visual Journal Watercolor - 140lb CP

Now although I've put 6" down on the page (which Terry jokingly said was the size), I do believe it was a little larger than that but not by much.  I'm thinking compared to my hand, it was more like 7 or 8 inches.




2 comments:

lee kline said...

Nice pages. Here is the question: Which is better: a large Small mouth Bass or a small Large mouth Bass?

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Lee. Answer......whatever I can keep on my line :-)