Saturday, June 25, 2016

Spooky Tree in Graphite

A couple weeks ago while out on the river near where we live, I took a lot of photos.  Besides wildlife, I enjoy taking pictures of trees because of their unique shapes and patterns.  This one particular tree grabbed my attention because of it's unique shape, holes, and because of the nest on top.

Going through my photos and coming across this tree, I saw something totally different tonight from what I saw the day I took the photograph.  To my mind's eyes, I saw what resembles an old wizard, wearing a robe of sorts, and holding a wand.  I have put to paper what stands out to me the most using a mechanical pencil in the Strathmore Visual Journal (watercolor paper).  .

This was fun.........so much so that I sat up all night working on it :-)





3 comments:

SusanA said...

This is so fun! I didn't see the wizard at first, but he's definitely there. What a cool tree and sketch!

Giddings Art said...

This is so cool! I didn't see the wizard at first either but I sure do now! I love your sketch!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you both so much :-) I really enjoyed working that page!!!