Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Crazy/Busy Time but Still Sketching

Between preparing for family to come, LAL Christmas party, sketchcrawls, creating name tags for several of the LAL Sketchers and OSF ladies, sketching schedule for January and February...........and one gift exchange already, I'm still trying to get in what sketching I can or feel up to.

This first is using Procreate with a brush tool called "Artist Crayon" I though had a really neat texture to.  I was just messing around with the tool and ended up with the figure you see far left, second down.  It took on the form of a person so I ended up doing this sheet or screen of figures.



During our first Christmas exchange, Santa Terry gifted me with this beautiful glass dip pen.  It comes in a set with three ink bottles, a porcelain water cup, and glass rest for the pen.


Here's a quick sketch using the glass dip pen and testing to see how the ink behaves with a damp brush.  The ink is very strong and goes a long way when wet.............it's almost like it explodes across the paper.  It's hard to control...........something very much like I find with a Rotring F cartridge pen.

Sketch using Fabriano 140lb Cold Press in hand sewn journal.


My normal ink sketch with watercolor.  This is using the hand crafted fountain pen Terry got me for my birthday.



This next sketch is using a new ballpoint pen hand crafted for me.  A pen I'll share more about in a separate post.  Santa Terry had it made for me for Christmas.

I was testing to see how this pen with a Parker refill would behave.  Will it blob like many other ballpoints do?  Plus I was trying my hand at this reflection that I thought was cool.  It's the glass pen rest that goes with the glass dip pen above.  Worked in the Beta journal.


Almost forgot about this one.  Just messing around one evening taking peaks around my computer screen at Terry so he wouldn't know I was sketching him.  Worked in my small Beta journal.

He left to take Miya out for her walk so I sketched the chair again plus the lamp post behind it.



No comments: