Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Darlene's Pap

Darlene is here with us (my "sissy" through marriage) visiting for 10 days.  Her first trip to Florida since we moved here.  She is a first time grandmother and weeks ago I finished a drawing of her granddaughter she absolutely loved.

While here she asked if I would consider working a portrait of her Pap who means the absolute world to her.  Although I avoid requests like the plague, I made an exception knowing what it would mean to her.  Usually when asked to do something, I get too nervous and fearful I'll not meet that person's expectations so I avoid it.

Anyways...........I told her no promises but would at least give it a try not knowing if I'd be able to follow through with the portrait.

His hair was a challenge due to white on white background plus the white stubble and eyebrows but I managed to work through it (lots of trial and error).

Ending results ... she absolutely loved as did other family who know her and her Pap.





 

No comments: