Thursday, June 2, 2011

Second Attempt at Horse - following Sandy's Sketching Method

Here is my second attempt done this morning following Sandy's exercise using shapes to create a profile of a horse.  http://www.sketchingeveryday.com/

I'm much happier with the proportions with this one (as my notes indicate).  Not knowing enough about animal anatomy, I do lack in portraying muscle.  Something I need to study and work on.

Also stated in my notes, I have a tendency to be a bit impatient working wet in wet and dropping in darker pigments.  I love the wet in wet method ..... it's magic watching the pigment and water work together if one allows themselves to slow down a little and not try to push things along.

2 comments:

Spiritartartist said...

You are amazing Susan! I love your enthusiasm!! I am posting your examples with more about drawing horses today on my sketchingeveryday blog. THANK YOU!

Susan Bronsak said...

You've made my day, Sandy!! Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...