Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yorshi - Quickie sketches - Supposed to Be

This was supposed to be continuing with the quick gesture sketches but I found myself struggling with the brain wanting to focus too much on detail.  And I kept wanting to go back in to fix things because nothing looked right......basically getting carried away beyond what I was supposed to be doing.  Chalk it up to a lesson learned ;-) 

I used my 8B on this one.  Smudges too easily and my hand is always resting on the paper.  I don't think to grab another piece of paper or something to rest my hand on until it's too late.


1 comment:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Good idea to sketch your pup Susan. I'd like to see some more GESTURES from you. You were making good headway in that department. (TIP: Concentrate more on the inside shapes and less on the contour and details).