Thursday, May 23, 2013

Taking a Break from Book Sorting - Barns in Pen and Ink

I have taken on the task of sorting through 613 art related reference sources which are mainly books but also include Videos and DVDs.

So far I have gone through 369 books deciding which to find new homes for; those I'm not sure about; and definite keepers.  Out of those 369 books, 263 are being eliminated from my inventory.  I still have a lot to go.

Taking a break this evening, I worked this page of one of my favorite subjects - barn sketches using water soluble pen and ink (Pilot Prera with Namiki Black ink) plus a 3/8" angular flat brush for the wash.  Page is in my Stillman & Birn Alpha journal.

I chose not to add color with this page.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have lots of art books that I need to sort through. Glad to know that I am not the only one.