Friday, May 17, 2013

Tuesday's Doctor's Visit

Again, misjudging time to arrive at my doctor's appointment, I arrived 20 minutes early and chose to sit in the car rather than in the waiting room.

Looking around at a shopping center, I struggled finding something that really jumped out at me to sketch.  Finally I saw part of a house with dormers that grabbed my attention and decided to sketch that until time to go in.

Once I returned to the car, I decided to add to the page the front of the doctor's building since that was the reason I was there in the first place. 

Worked a quick sketch in the car and finished the page at home with color and pen and ink.  With this particular page, I chose to emphasize in color the doctor's office rather than the partial house (where I only suggested with a little color.)

Stillman & Birn Epsilon journal; W&N watercolors; #6 and #8 rounds; Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray on all but the doctor's sign which I used my Noodler's Flex pen with the larger nib and Lexington Gray ink.

On this paper, using the Noodler's Flex pen, I had to use a hair dryer PLUS dabbing several times with tissue to dry or remove the excess ink.  Ink didn't want to settle in the paper fibers choosing to sit on top instead.

No comments: