Thursday, May 23, 2013

Brush Play with Found Brush Pen

Besides sorting through my books, I'm working to organize my art supplies and probably donate those I seldom use or don't think I'll ever use.

In one of my drawers was this red box with two pens and a single refill received as a free gift years ago in an art supply order.  Looking online, I can't find anything on these pens or how to obtain refills.  I love the pens but not much good if one can't find the refills and I can't see a way to add ink.





Just for fun, I thought I'd see if they even made marks figuring they'd be dried out.  They were indeed rather dry but still made light marks.  If I dipped the tip in water, I could obtain the darks you see.

The ideas for the little illustrations come from a Sumi-E painting book that is in my stack of books to donate.

Stillman & Birn Alpha journal


No comments: