Friday, September 13, 2013

Turkeys in Pen and Ink

One of the things we treasure about where we are at right now is all the wildlife we see.  Tucked back in the woods with only the clearing around the house, we have turkey and deer passing by all the time; bunnies and squirrels as well as chipmunks and other critters.

I was in my room with windows open not so long ago and was startled by this rustling sound outside my window.  Three turkeys had flown down into the shrub/tree close by making a ruckus.  I went over to see what what going on about the time they started dropping to the ground  strutting across the lawn looking for food.

Trying to move slowly and not startle them, I managed to get my camera taking several shots until one saw my shadow or heard me and headed for the safety of the woods.

It's surprising how fast these guys can move!


No comments: