Monday, September 2, 2013

Chimney Pots from my UK Trip 2010

Trying to determine what I wanted to sketch next, I went to my photo folder of our UK trip in 2010.  Of course..what grabs my attention over everything else???  Chimney Pots.  There's just something about chimney pots that I really like. 

I am finding one sketch a day is just not enough right now.  My mind is in over-drive thinking what I want to do next.  I know I'll run out of gas at some point but for now cruising along :-))

As I continue with the pen and ink, I'm finding it a bit easier.  I still have so much more to learn with shading in ink using hatching and cross hatching; but, it IS getting a little easier.

Here's a page in the 9 x 12 Generic No Name sketchbook.  I love filling a page with several illustrations.

Pens used are noted on the page.




2 comments:

lee kline said...

I like the chimney pots! I have been looking around my area for a series to do,but so far, I am fresh out of ideas. We have some pretty crazy mailboxes, though.........

Susan Bronsak said...

Thanks Lee!! And mailboxes can be fun to sketch! Same with doors and windows.