Friday, September 6, 2013

Still At It Sketching

Here is what I've been up to over the last several days.  Still working with pen and ink primarily as I continue practicing hatching and cross hatching.  I tend to work fast and trying to slow myself down so my lines are more uniform.  I'm struggling with that, however.

This first sketch was using the Pilot Prera with Lexington Ink in the Zeta journal.  I may go back and apply a light wash of watercolor to selected ones or maybe all.  I'm still not sure yet.


Next is using the Uniball UM 151 various Color Black pens (0.38) on the right page, the TWSBI mini with Lexington Gray ink on top and bottom key on left page and Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray ink on middle key left page plus shading on the other two keys.

The TWSBI mini applies a wetter and thicker line of ink compared to the Pilot Prera.
 

My youngest son who is 25 shared this "prize" he got from a box of cereal he recently purchased.  I had to sketch it and send to him as a reminder >:-))
 

Using the TWSBI mini and Lexington Gray ink in the Generic No Name Journal.  
 

Playing with Stabilo Pens in the Generic No Name journal.
 

Most recent (tonight) did this two-page spread in the Alpha journal using the Uniball 151 Brown Black 0.28 gel pen.
 

No comments: