Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Another Quick Watercolor Sketch

With this sketch I used the Carbon Platinum pen and then watercolor.........trying to keep it fresh and simply rendered.  I have a tendency to over-do (or so I feel at times) and wanted to refrain from doing so with this.

Stillman & Birn Epsilon journal
Daniel Smith:  Sap Green, Fr Ultra, Raw and Bt Sienna.
#8 Round, 1/2" Angle Bristle and 3/8" Angle Flat

If there's ever a subject I could sketch and paint over and over again, it would have to be old buildings and barns.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Just found you thru the blog of a blog... you get the idea! ha ha
Your work is wonderful! I love the idea of art journals, i enjoy all the little notes and writing as much as the drawings! Glad I found you....I'm off to poke around here a bit! :)))) Happy Tuesday!

Susan Bronsak said...

Melody.......thank you so much!!! And I absolutely love keeping the art journals for the very reason you mentioned. Lots of fun creating them and so neat going back at a later time thumbing through the pages.