Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Little Birthday Bear Buddy

Here is another entry in my new Stillman & Birn Zeta spiral playing with a still life.

Started out setting up my little still life with the cup and the bear and then added the fountain pen.  Wasn't satisfied so added the ruler and the micron pen.  I felt there was still something missing so I stuck my putty eraser over near the cup as well.  I never go far from my putty eraser due to the smudges I always seem to end up with from the side of my hand.  I tend to work right to left and I'm right handed.

After I finished with the pen and ink and watercolor, I wanted to add the wording but was stuck for what I wanted to say and how I wanted to place it.  So I waited till this morning after having a good night's sleep and it came to me.

One of my many 2014 goals is to learn better page design to include headings now and then. 

At first I was going to put in a square frame around the illustration but then decided to use the wording to help balance everything.  I am actually happy with this :-))

No comments: