Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sunday Sight Seeing

This past Sunday, I finally met a gentleman in one of my Art Groups through Facebook.  There are several people in my group that live in or near where we have relocated and hope to meet them in person soon.

Lee picked me up Sunday morning and drove me around to various places he likes to sketch.  The locations included Emeralda Marsh, Venetian Gardens, Eustis, Tavares, Mount Dora, and the main heart of Leesburg.  These towns have such a charming quality about them - especially Mount Dora.  Before returning home, he drove me to where he and his wife live and I had the opportunity to meet his lovely wife.  Both are such nice people!!!!

After I was dropped off, I drove Terry out to see a couple of the places Lee drove me to.  Venetian Gardens was one of those places and Terry and I spent quite some time there walking around.  

Here is a pen and ink plus watercolor sketch of the swimming pool building where we parked. This was worked in a new Accordion Sketchbook Lee gifted me he picked up in France.  I enjoyed working on this paper I've never used before.  I've decided to dedicate the front fold out pages to Venetian Gardens and then not sure yet on what I'll dedicate the back sides to.  I'm sure another location here where we live.....maybe Emeralda Marsh or maybe some of the wildlife - birds in particular I've seen already living here.  :-)



2 comments:

lee kline said...

The pleasure was all mine, Susan. Glad to have you among us.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Lee :-D