Thursday, March 12, 2015

Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone

I love viewing sketches other people do of machinery, autos, etc.  I sit there thinking............no way could I ever do anything like that.  Too complicated trying to sort through all the lines and curves.

Well, I must have been in the right frame of mind to actually give it a try with this piece of machinery that picks up hay bales.

When I first started this, I felt a little overwhelmed wondering where to start.  I ended up starting with the metal arms in front and worked my way towards the right, down and back to the left.  And as usual, I misjudged placement of my starting point resulting in the bracket arms (or whatever you call them) being shorter than they should be.

And tires.....................ellipses...................Arghhh!!.  I try to concentrate on just capturing the shapes and curves but I can actually feel myself slipping trying to put down what I 'think' I see rather than what's actually there.  An area I really need to work on.

Although much can be improved upon, I do feel good about the fact I actually stepped outside my comfort zone and gave this a try.