Thursday, May 10, 2018

Folding and Cutting Paper for My Fabric Artist Journal / Traveler's Notebook

I thought I posted this but looking back, it doesn't appear I did.

My fabric journals are an odd size compared to how others might size theirs.  Definitely different than the standard size Traveler's Notebooks.  The paper folded is 5" wide by 8" high with the fabric cover measuring approximately 5.5" x 8.5" (closed).

Fabriano paper is my #1 choice to make these from so I needed to learn which direction the grain runs for best folding (so paper doesn't crack at the fold after a period of time opening and closing).

Although there might be a better layout, this is what I've been using to save on any waste after cutting.  I've also included the layout for Arches and Lanaguarelle since the grain direction runs differently from Fabriano (at least from the time of this post.........that could always change at some point with the manufacturers changing how they make their paper from time to time).


No comments: