Thursday, November 8, 2018

Couple Quick Sketches

Worked these the last couple of days still working on loosening up.

Strathmore 500 watercolor paper and Sailor Fude with water soluble ink.  On this paper the ink takes awhile to dry and I had to be careful not to smear as I worked.  I painted the color first and then sketched over with pen.



This one is an exercise that was meant to be a continuous line sketch.  Didn't quite work out that way but still helped with the purpose I chose to work this exercise.

Fabriano Venezia and Sailor Fude with water soluble ink.  On this paper, the ink was pulled right into the paper and dried quickly.  For an ink that should bleed with a wet brush, it really didn't so I was able to take watercolor OVER the ink sketch.  I'm still not crazy about painting on this paper meant for drawing.  Just doesn't have the paper surface to allow for good water media applications.


No comments: