Sunday, November 11, 2018

Self Motivation

After the last few months being on a roll sketching and then completing the Inktober Challenge, I've slowed way down.  It's like I've hit a brick wall, actually.......finding it difficult to feel motivated to pick up a pen.  Part also has to do with the time change, which I wish they would do away with.  Like many people (I'm sure), the shorter days and getting dark early plays havoc with one's state of emotional/mental well being.

Feeling as I have, I chose to work this today as a means of self motivation using one of my beanie babies and a few of my sketching tools.

As I look at this and the expression on the chimp, it's like he's saying ....... "seriously!!!???  You want me to sketch??!!!"   :-)


2 comments:

Annie said...

I love this sketch Susan. It really conveys your thoughts! 😉 I know what you mean about hitting a wall and the time change. I have had such a busy month myself and every night it always feels later than it really is. This is the first week in over a month that aimhave had time to pick up a paintbrush!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Annie :-) I'm still not with it yet. Hope this lull I'm in turns around soon. I just hate these short days!!