Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Pen Versus Paper

For my goal to work at least one straight pen and ink sketch for the month, I started sketching these simple flowers.  I started in one of the hand-sewn books I made year before last using up old stock of Fabriano Hotpress paper.  I've not had issues before but I sure did with this page.

Using my TWSBI 580ALR with fine nib, I felt this drag like I would imagine trying to sketch on waxed paper.  The ink went down very light almost like it had been watered down.  Going back over those lines, the paper then grabbed the ink making areas super dark.  

Not real happy with the results but then I really didn't feel like putting much more effort into this due to the way my pens were behaving on this particular page.  The following two pages didn't give me trouble so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't run into this again with the remaining pages in my sketchbook.




No comments: