Friday, August 12, 2022

Catching up from the Last Post

Trying to get back into some sketching, I worked these from photos provided to me by family.  They often do that knowing what I like to sketch or paint and will send photos as reference for me to work from.

Neal having to work in Puerto Rico sent me a picture of an iguana he saw crawling up a tree near where he was standing.




Travis sent a picture of this super red cardinal in a tree where he lives.



And then Tuesday, Terry took pictures of Morgan (youngest granddaughter) spending time with the birds at Leesburg Pet Center.  They specialize in hand fed birds from various breeders where you can handle and spend hands-on time with them.  

Morgan has a way with animals which include birds.  She found one she spent most of her time with and the bird took to her as if he'd known her for some time and bonded.  Extremely friendly.

This is a young Black Headed Cangue (which I'd never heard of before).  His adult feathers have not fully come in yet giving the scraggly look young birds can have as they continue to mature and change color.


No comments: