Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Miya's 2020 Drawing Revisited

Yesterday I decided to go back to a previous drawing I did of our oldest dog, Miya.  She's 15 this year and when I drew her back in 2020, I chose to capture showing how her eyes are clouding over due to age.  I also chose not to blend much to show how course her fur has become as she's aged.

Pulling her drawing back up, I wanted to make changes especially around the eyes and make her fur softer looking and with just a touch of tan color she still has in her coat.  I also darkened the body fur as it is darker than her face, head, and chest.

And although I could continue fine-tuning, I am MUCH happier with these results compared to before.

Her initial drawing was using a 4B pencil with very little blending and with the changes made to make her fur look softer (less grainy), I used the Gouache Blending Tool.

Present Changes Made:



Previous Drawing in 2020



No comments: