Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Flower Drawings

After a bit of a break or what I refer to as a recharge period, I  worked these flower sketches.  I've been in the mood to work my drawings in black and white and then go back adding color.

This first one was originally sketched in my Alpha sketchbook using a mechanical pencil.  From there I uploaded to my iPad and ended up with the following by using the pencil sketch and blending out using the Gouache brush tool.



Using the same flower arrangement, I then worked this next drawing adding a little artificial bird I have perched on one of the branches.  




We've been seeing more bees IN the house here lately.  Both mud daubers and these little wasps.  In fact in the kitchen you can hear buzzing from the back wall.  Terry believes they must have a nest just under the edge of the roof (I believe what's called a soffit but not sure on that).

I decided to work some sketches I could use to add to other drawings.


And most recent is another of our Hibiscus that is in the back yard.  



Playing with backgrounds.  Not sure which I like better....the green or the blue.


 



No comments: